KOBOLD Oil Measurement Features
A quick guide to low-high viscosity oil measurement devices at KOBOLD.
Low-medium viscosity oil measurement flowmeters
EDM — Battery Powered Rate Meter and Totalizer
Our EDM series battery powered turbine flowmeter and totalizer measures water and other low-viscosity liquids. Its replaceable lithium battery powers an onboard flow rate meter/totalizer, allowing installation in virtually any location.
- SS, Aluminum, PVDF, or Polyamide Bodies
- Lithium Battery Powered (9000 Hr. Battery Life)
- Compact and Portable
- Ranges to 300 GPM
- Rate and Totalizing Display
- Optional Analog or Frequency Outputs
OVZ — Economical oval-gear flowmeter
The OVZ series oval-gear flowmeters offer the advantages of positive displacement technology at a rotameter price. Suitable for low-viscosity media ranging from hydraulic oils to light gear oils, OVZ eliminates problems associated with viscosity changes during operation.
- Suitable for Oils from 10 to 800 cSt
- Maintains Precision with Viscosity Change
- Five Material Combinations Available
- Easy to Maintain
DRZ piston flowmeter
The model DRZ positive-displacement flowmeter combines economy with high performance. Its single-piston design allows for precise volume measurement. The DRZ can measure any clean, free-flowing, low-to-medium viscosity liquid with lubricating properties ranging from diesel fuel to wax.
- 1.6...110 GPH Flow Range
- Accurate Measurements for Clean Lubricating Media
- Economical Brass Construction
RCM - Direct Reading Flowmeters
Our Direct reading flowmeter model RCM is a great differential pressure device that is suitable for monitoring liquids and gases with low- to-medium viscosity and low solids content. A great choice for a flowmeter that is economical, compact, low maintenance, and durable.
- Compact Design
- Easy to Install on Horizontal or Vertical Pipes
- Accuracy ± 3 % Full Scale
- Rangeability 6 to 1
- Flow Rates up to 3000 GPM Liquid or 20000 SCFM Gas
- Optional Alarms and Output Signals
VKM - All-Metal Viscosity Compensating Flowmeter and Switch
Series VKM flowmeters and switches are unique offerings for low-to-medium viscosity media. These flowmeters use KOBOLD’s patented viscosity-compensation system, making them largely insensitive to density and viscosity changes while in operation. These meters are extremely versatile and can be used for just about any application.
- ±5% Full Scale Accuracy
- Viscosity Compensation to 540 cSt (No Scale Recalibration Necessary)
- Max. Pressure: 3600 PSIG Brass/5000 PSIG SS
- Density Compensation to 30 lb./ft3 (0.48 SG)
- Direct Reading Scales
- Installs In Any Position
- Inline Connections
VKG - Viscosity Compensating Flowmeter with Switch
Like the VKM, the VKG series Flowmeter with Switch also uses KOBOLD’s patented viscosity-compensating system allowing it to become insensitive to viscosity and density changes during operation. It can be used for almost any application imaginable.
- For Low-to-medium Viscosity Media
- Viscosity-Compensated up to 540 cSt (No Scale Recalibration Necessary)
- Density Compensated up to 30 lb/ft3
- Direct Reading Oil Scale
- Mounting Position Independent
- Inline Connections for Easy Installation
High Viscosity oil measurement flowmeters
OME Helical Gear Flowmeter
The OME Series positive-displacement flowmeter provides the quiet, non-pulsating, low pressure-loss operation for which helical gears are renowned at a price comparable to oval-gear technology. It can measure non-abrasive, lubricating liquids with viscosity ranges of 1–5000 cSt.
- ±0.3% of Flow Rate Accuracy
- Advanced Helical-Gear Technology
Full-range viscosity oil measurement flowmeters
DON positive displacement flowmeter
Our DON series positive displacement flowmeters have an oval gear design that enables precise measurement of liquid flow over a very wide viscosity range. This device has become the meter of choice for lubricating/hydraulic oils, diesel fuels, chemicals, solvents, resins, and pastes.
- Aluminum and Stainless Steel Bodies
- Measures Liquids with Viscosities to 1,000,000 cPs (w/special cut gears)
- Operating Pressures to 1,450 PSIG (model dependent)
- Electronic Output Options Include Analog and Frequency Outputs, LCD Totalizers and Batch Controllers
- Mechanical Totalizer (½" through 4" meters only)
- Bi-directional Flow Sensing with Optional Quadrature Output
ZDM-positive displacement flowmeter
When your viscous flow metering application is particularly difficult or when the absolute in precision is a must, you’ll want to take a look at the ZDM Series positive-displacement ﬂowmeter. Used to measure gasoline, hydraulic oils, inks, paints, polyurethane, pastes, creams, resins, and many others.
- Viscosities up to 100,000 cSt
- Accuracy ±0.3% of Flow
- To 6500 PSIG Max. Pressure
- Can Detect Flow Direction