Durable Chemically Resistant Products from KOBOLD
If you’re seeking reliable sensors to handle your aggressive media but can’t find any that meet your requirements, take a look at our chemically resistant product offering. Whether it’s a flowmeter, level transmitter, or level switch, we have what you need.
MIK — MAGNETO-INDUCTIVE FLOWMETER
The highly dependable, solid state KOBOLD MIK magneto-inductive flowmeter involves no moving parts and is used to measure and monitor small- to medium-size flow of conductive liquids in pipes. The measurement itself is not dependent on the process liquid or its material properties, such as density, viscosity, and temperature.
- Construction: PPS/SS/NBR, PPS/SS/FKM, PVDF/Hastelloy®/FFKM, PVDF/Tantalum/FFKM
- Accuracy: ±2% of full scale
- Repeatability: ± 1% of full scale
- Measuring Range (Water): 0.18...7.8 GPH through 9...180 GPM
- Pressure Max: 145 PSIG @ 70 °F
- Media Temp. Range: 32...176 °F (140 °F with PVC fittings)
DFT — COMPACT PADDLE-WHEEL FLOW SENSOR
Like the DF Series, DFT compact paddle flow sensor is rugged and reliable, but presented in a more compact, economical design. The sensors are available in either PTFE or brass to handle a wide variety of liquids, with the nickel-plated brass version handling water, light chemicals, and low viscosity liquids (
- Construction: PTFE or brass bodies
- Accuracy: ±2.5% of full scale
- Measuring Range: 0.05...0.3 GPM to 0.5...12 GPM
- Temperature Max: 176 °F
- Pressure Max: 70 / 230 PSIG
- Connections: 1/4"...3/4" NPT
KSM — ALL-PLASTIC FLOWMETER AND SWITCH FOR LIQUIDS OR GASES
If you’re looking for a flowmeter to measure aggressive liquids or gasses with no metal coming into contact with the fluid, then the KSM all-plastic flowmeter and switch is the ideal solution for you. Measuring tubes are made of Trogamid-T® or Polysulfone, with other wetted parts constructed of PVDF, PVC, and EPDM, all of which make this flowmeter durable, rugged, and shock- and corrosion-resistant.
- Construction: Polysulfone, Trogamid-T®, PVDF, PVC, EPDM
- Accuracy: ±4% VDI/VDE
- Measuring Range (Water): 0.06...0.66, 26...264 GPM
- Measuring Range (Air): 0.5...3 SCFM, 50...400 SCFM
- Temperature Max: 140 °F (w/PVC connections)
- Pressure Max: 145 PSIG
- Connections: 1"...2-1/2" glue socket or FNPT
BGN — ALL-METAL ARMORED FLOWMETERS
KOBOLD’s BGN armored variable area flowmeter is ideal for difficult applications requiring high pressure, high temperature operation or low pressure loss. It is constructed entirely of metal and is available in stainless steel, PTFE-clad stainless steel, or Hastelloy® C22. The BGN, in its standard configuration, is a purely mechanical flowmeter suitable for most viscous liquids, water, and compressed gases in line sizes up to 6 inches. Custom designs for extreme high pressure operation, special fittings, and/or special construction materials are available upon request.
- Construction: Stainless Steel, PTFE-Clad Stainless Steel, Hastelloy C22®
- Accuracy: Per DIN Class — 1.6 to 2.2 depending on model
- Flow Range (Water): 0.002...0.02 GPM to 60...550 GPM
- Flow Range (Air): 0.008...0.08 SCFM to 140...1400 SCFM
- Operating Temp. Range: -40...392 °F (-40...662 °F optional)
- Pressure Max: 580 PSIG standard, up to 8700 PSIG upon request
- Connections: 1/2"...6" ANSI/DIN flanges, 1/2"...2" FNPT
TUR — ALL-PLASTIC TURBINE FLOWMETER
TUR Series plastic turbine flowmeters can be used to control, measure, and regulate the flow of water-like fluids with a viscosity of 8 cSt or lower. Because it is constructed of the highly chemically resistant materials PVC or PVDF, this flowmeter can easily withstand acids, lyes, and other aggressive media commonly found in the chemical industry.
- Body Construction: PVC or PVDF
- Accuracy: ± 1% of full scale
- Flow Range (Water): 5.3...88 to 11...440 GPM
- Media Temperature Max: 140 °F (PVC) / 160 °F (PVDF)
- Pressure Max: 145 PSIG
- Connections: 2" or 4" ANSI RF flange
NMC — CAPACITIVE LEVEL TRANSMITTER FOR LIQUIDS
KOBOLD’s NMC capacitive level transmitter, available with multiple probe options for application flexibility, is a two-wire transmitter designed to measure liquid levels in tanks. These devices do not have any mechanically moving parts, thus minimizing the possibility of mechanical wear. The plug-in evaluation modules can be changed easily as needed, making the transmitters easy to maintain.
- Construction: PTFE and/or Stainless Steel
- Probe Length Range: 11" to 157"
- Max. Media Temp.: Up to 260 °F (125 °C)
- Pressure Max: 435 PSIG (30 Bar)
- Input Power: 18...36 VDC, 24 VAC, 110 VAC, 230 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Output: 4-20 mA, 2-wire
NLP — HYDROSTATIC PRESSURE LEVEL SWITCH
The NLP hydrostatic pressure level switch provides simple and economical liquid level control in various types of unpressurized tanks and vessels. It has no moving parts, requires very little maintenance, no external power, and is suitable for a wide range of media.
- Construction: Polypropylene and PVDF
- Switching Range: Up to 16 ft.
- Max. Process Temperature: 158 °F
- Switch Rating: 250 VAC 1A
- Connections: 1" NPT, G1
NML-310 — LIQUID LEVEL TRANSDUCER
With only one moving part (the float), the NML-310 liquid level transducer’s simple design and insensitivity to vapors allows it to be used in demanding applications where exceptional reliability is required. This transducer provides continuous level indication and level control of liquids, and is unaffected by electrical conductivity, temperature, pressure, or viscosity. Each transducer comes with a NEMA 4 housing, and variable resistance or analog level signal outputs are available upon request.
- Construction: PFA or PTFE Clad 316 SS Tubes, PTFE Floats, PE/PP/PVC/PTFE Fittings and Flanges
- Measuring Length: 12"...108"
- Temperature Max: 140...250 °F (depending on material)
- Pressure Max: 40 PSIG
- Connections: 2" male NPT or 2", 2.5", 3", 4" ANSI flange
- Resolution: ± 0.4"
TED — OPTICAL LEVEL SENSOR FOR LIQUIDS
Ideal for many difficult, industrial level switching applications, the chemically resistant KOBOLD TED optical level sensor operates independently of liquid properties, such as color, viscosity, dielectric constant, density, conductivity, contamination, and temperature. This all solid state designed sensor is compact and self-contained, and with no moving or wearing parts, reliability and operational consistency are ensured.
- Body Construction: SS, Polysulfone, or PFA
- Operating Temperature: -40...230 °F
- Pressure Max: 400 PSIG (SS body)
- Supply Voltage: 5–35 VDC
- Supply Current: 33 mA (excluding load)
- Wire Leads: 18"